Chicken Salad Wraps for Lunch!



I really really like this Chicken Salad recipe, I make a big batch at the beginning of the week and then have it for lunch everyday, usually on lettuce in tortilla's or just on a bed of lettuce.  I got it from a recipe book called, "Gluten-Free Quick & Easy", by Carol Fenster, Ph.D. I will probably post quite a few recipe's from her cookbook, they are really good! I use either ezekiel tortilla's or brown rice tortilla's.  Romaine lettuce hearts are nice and crunchy and highly beneficial for O blood type, which is what I am! 

Chicken Salad:
2 cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, or 2 Cups cooked diced chicken
1/2 cup coarsely chopped celery
1 tablespoon dried minced onions
2 tablespoons cashews or pecans (I use walnuts)

2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon ( i use a whole teaspoon because this stuff makes it YUMMY)
1/4 teaspoon table salt (might have to adjust to your taste of course) 
2 tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing 

*For the mayo I use Safflower mayonnaise, nothing bad in it and it's really good.  



No comments:

Post a Comment