Egg in a Hole for Breakfast!

This is what Luke eats every morning, he loves it, I cut it up and he calls them egg sticks! I also like this because it takes out quite a bit of the bread, so you are not eating so many carbs!  I use Brown Rice Bread for my bread, I have also used Ezekiel bread before, but my body seems to do better on Brown Rice Bread. I try to do no bread at all on most days, but when I am feeling really hungry and wanting some extra energy I will eat this! I also am aware this is sometimes called Egg in a Nest, my mom showed me this and called it Egg in a hole and it stuck! 

Egg in a Hole:
Get a circle cookie cutter or I use an avocado slicer to make a hole in the center of the bread.  
Heat up the skillet with a tad bit of oil, place the bread with the hole in it on the skillet.  
Sometimes I put a little sliver of organic butter in the hole before I put the egg in. Carefully crack an egg into the hole and cook the egg in between medium low and medium, you don't want it to cook too fast because then you will have a burnt side.  When you look at the egg in a hole and see the egg whites are cooked about half way up, flip it.  I would put times but it really varies with every skillet! And also some people might like their yellow more done than others! Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment